ABOUT ROCKLAND COUNTY ROTARY MEANS BUSINESS
Rotary Means Business encourages Rotarians to support the success of their fellow Rotarians by doing business with them, and by referring others to them.
Rotary Means Business is a Fellowship of Rotary International
Today Rotarians are embracing the original foundations of what the Rotary Club was based on as we adhere to the Four Way Test.
This fellowship operates in accordance with Rotary International policy, but is not an agency of, or controlled by, Rotary International.
Rockland’s Liaison to Rotary Means Business Fellowship International is Seraphim Wood.
Contact Seraphim here.
Networking meetings are monthly and held at the business or residence of Rotary Means Business members. Some Rotary Means Business groups "rotate" the meetings to a different host each month. There is always plenty of great food and beverages. Please check the Events pages for upcoming networking meetings.
If you are a Rotary Means Business member, you can post your networking meetings directly to the Events Calendar.
This is one of the benefits to becoming an RMB member. To find out how to post events to the Events Calendar, please visit the Help pages and you will find instructions there.
The event is typically 1 ½ hours long. The first half hour is comprised of networking and partaking of refreshments. The next half hour is opened with some short announcements and business items. Next, members and guests can provide a short statement about which Rotary club they are from, the name of their business and a very short statement of the products and services they provide. This is limited to 30 seconds to 1 minute max. The host will then provide the group with a more extensive presentation of their business which may include a short tour of the place of business. The final time of the meeting will be a continuation of the members networking.
The Members Directory is a great place to find Rotarians. Here you will be able to search by many variables including country, state, city, business categories, Rotary clubs, and more.
To become a member you must be a member in good standing of a Rotary club on planet Earth (other planets coming soon).
Go to the directory page and register. Once you have been approved, you will be notified by email. Then you are good to enjoy all the aspects of a Rotary Means Business member on this site.
Some of the benefits of being a member include
- Members become part of the directory and can openly advertise their services and products.
- Enroll in email notifications about upcoming events and announcements
- Can modify their account and notification settings directly from within their profiles.
- Make connections so they can track the activity of others and focus on the people they care about the most.
- Can post text, images, videos, and links directly on the activity pages of the site.
- Members talk to each other directly and in private. Not just limited to one-on-one discussions, messages can be sent between any number of members.
- Can set up and manage groups.
- Global, personal, and group activity streams with threaded commenting, direct posting, favoriting and @mentions, all with full RSS feed and email notification support.
- Groups allow members to organize themselves into specific public, private or hidden sections with separate activity streams and member listings.
- Can create full-powered discussion forums built directly into groups to allow for more conventional in-depth conversations.
- Can enter events directly to the Events Calendar and enable bookings if required.